Almost on a weekly basis, one of our teammates is lucky enough to be given homemade chocolate chip cookies. And guess who is jealous? Yours truly. :)
However, it seems that the universe heard my cry for chocolate chip cookies because I went to check a job that my electricians were on and I met a lovely lady that goes by Ms. Margaret.
Guess what Ms. Margaret was baking? Ms Margaret made her cookies with love. Although she wasn't a trained bakery chef, I would say she could give Bobby Flay a run for his money.
She spoke about baking as an electrician would speak about power tools. For all my chocolate chip cookie fans, here is what she told me. She even shared her recipe.
Chocolate chip cookies are the classic treat that everyone loves. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion or just for a treat in the afternoon, these cookies are always a hit. But there’s more to chocolate chip cookies than just mixing up a batch of dough and popping them in the oven. With the right ingredients and a little creativity, you can take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level!
One great way to dress up your chocolate chip cookies is with unique ingredients. Try adding a few tablespoons of instant espresso powder to the dough to give the cookies a subtle mocha flavor. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could even try adding some chopped hazelnuts or dried cherries to the mix. The possibilities are endless!
Another way to make your chocolate chip cookies even more delicious is to add a layer of melted chocolate on top. Simply melt some semi-sweet or dark chocolate in the microwave and then drizzle it over the cookies before baking. The contrast of the melted chocolate against the warm, gooey centers of the cookies will be heavenly!
Finally, you can take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level by adding a few extra touches to the presentation. Try sprinkling a little sea salt on top of the cookies before baking for a sweet and salty contrast. Or, for a decorative finish, pipe some melted white chocolate over the cooled cookies in a spiral pattern.
Here’s a great recipe that you can use to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies:
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
With a few simple touches, you can take your chocolate chip cookies from ordinary to extraordinary!