Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors Saves Lives!
Four important questions all homeowners should be aware of.
- Do you have the smoke and carbon detectors installed?
- Are they installed correctly?
- Are they installed in the correct location?
- Are they interconnected?
When it comes to protection, we can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and installed the correct places. We have seen to many homes in Central Florida not have smoke and carbon detectors. Typically this are on older homes and manufactured homes.
Smoke alarms are your first alert!
Carbon Monoxide is the known as the silent killer. Carbon Monoxide is dangerous because it’s colorless, odorless and a tasteless gas. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can cause severe illness, permanent health problems and even death?
Carbon monoxide is found in many household appliances, including gas stoves, dryers, water heaters, and furnaces and gas or wood fireplaces. If items like these are in poorly ventilated areas or malfunction, carbon monoxide can build up and be deadly.
Now that we know of the risks I’m going to tell you how you avoid these problems and keep your loved ones, yourself and your home safe.
Installing smoke detectors, alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home is the best prevention.
Detectors will alert you and your family in the early stages of fire, smoke or a carbon monoxide threat if they are installed correctly and properly maintained.
Smoke and carbon detectors should be interconnected with each other and to your electrical system. Interconnected means: that all smoke detectors will communicate with each other in the event of an emergency. If there is a problem in the 2nd bedroom, you will know it in the master bedroom and vice versa.
Smoke detectors should also have battery backup. In the event that you lose power the detectors will still work for a short period of time.
Smoke detectors should be checked every few weeks to make sure they are performing and functioning correctly. Batteries should be changed out frequently too.
Death and injury can be avoided by taking just a few steps. If you do not have smoke detectors or carbon Monoxide detectors, please give the experts of In Charge Electric a call today at (352) 350-7878 or please request service from our contact page. If you have any questions or concerns about your existing smoke detectors or need monthly maintenance, please give us a call.
Warning signs of Carbon Monoxide:
- Light Headedness
- Fatigue or Weakness
- Irregular Breathing
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain